Published: Dec 17, 2020 by Andreas Schlapbach
The aims of the Open Sales and Distribution Model (OSDM) are twofold:
- to substantially simplify the booking process for customers of rail trips and,
- to lower complexity and distribution costs for distributors and railway carriers.
OSDM strengthens rail as a convenient and ecological means of transportation by simplifying distribution. Finally, it lays a solid fundament which can be extended to the distribution of other means of transportation.
Additionally to the the core work the following improvements have been added and are part of this release:
- I-0: Reduce the complexity of the online model
- I-11: Add support for round trips
- I-12: Add support for Universal Rail Ticket
- I-14: Let the customer choose offers per segments independently
- I-15: Add support for stock control numbers
Thanks to all the Team for its hard work.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!