What’s New in OSDM Version 2.0
The following features have been added with version 2.0 of OSDM.
- Terminology aligned with TAP-TSI
- Unified resource for trip based offers and non-trip based offers
- Separate resource to retrieve availabilities for seats, couchettes,…
- Change of seat, couchette,.. in the booked offer
- Option to extend the booking time limit (OnHold)
- Option to release tickets as an intermediate step for a refund
- Option to cancel a fulfillment
- Reimbursement of unused tickets
- Booking Search
Terminology aligned with TAP-TSI
To align with the TAP-TSI, the terminology has been revised:
- Ticket Vendor/Distributor –> Retailer
- Allocator –> Distributor
Unified Trip-Offer and Non-Trip-Offer Search
The resource to request offers is now the same for trip-based offers and non-trip-based offers.
New resource to retrieve availabilities for reservations
The resource to retrieve availabilities for reservations (free seats, available seat type,..) is now separate from the booking. The bookingId is a parameter that limits the available seats to those compliant with the booking.
Change of seats
Changing the seat in a reservation has been made possible within a reservation in a booking.
Extending the booking time limit
It is now possible to offer an extension of the booking time limit for an unconfirmed booking. This offer might come with a fee.
It is now possible to release bookings as a preliminary step to a refund. This step invalidates the tickets and frees resources such as seats. It fixes the time stamp used to calculate refund fees. The refund of money to the customer is not part of the release step.
It is now possible to cancel and redo a fulfillment.
The reimbursement of unused tickets has been added implementing a similar work flow as for complaints.
A search for bookings was added.
Support for Vouchers as Payment Method
As voucher can be issued as part of the complaint management process, they can newly be used to pay for a booking.
Various improvements to support the Swedish market
As the Swedish market has chosen OSDM to be the standard for retailers and distributors, various improvements have been added to fully cover their needs.
Other work addressed includes:
- Improving the API’s description
- Fixing minor inconsistencies
- Incorporating feedback from the first implementors