Published: Mar 16, 2022 by Andreas Schlapbach
We’re proud to release Version 1.4 of the OSDM Specification as well as access to the OSDM Sandbox and the OSDM Demo App to all interested parties.
In scope of this increment were various improvements proposed by railways as well as distributors:
- I-39 Add support for paperless complaint management (ERA)
- I-35 Travel validity depending on boarding time only (EURAIL)
- I-41 Option to indicate CarrierConstraints (Offline only) (SBB, DB)
- I-42 Reduction cards should be made available to ticket vendors (Amadeus)
- I-43 free included passengers should defined for a passenger constraint, not only a traveller type (Offline only) (DB, SNCB)
- I-44 synchronization of bookings between carriers and distributors (ETT/Amadeus)
- I-45 Add the responsible TCOs in the booking data provided by a fare provider (SNCB)
Additionally we technically improved the API by adding the following tools:
- Add resource to properly search for bookings (including pagination)
- Establish Certification Process (PATRIC group)
- Engineer requirements for the automatization of the certifcation process
- Documentation update
- Security review using 42Crunch
See the Release Notes 1.4 for more details.
Additionally, we have started to turn the specification into running code:
OSDM Sandbox: The sandbox is kindly provided by Sqills and is open to any party interested in implementing OSDM. See OSDM Sandbox for details.
OSDM Demo App Directly connecting to the sandbox is the demo app which covers the complete journey planning and booking flow. The app is open to any party interested in implementing OSDM. See OSDM Demo App for details.
Hermes/Hosa to OSDM (H2O) converter: The aim of this online converter build by Hitrail is to build a migration path from the Hermes/Hosa protocol to OSDM. Thus if a railway does not support OSDM yet the Hermes/Hosa to OSDM (H2O) Converter ensures that it can connect to railways supporting OSDM. Conversely, if a railway only supports OSDM it guarantees that it can connect to railways supporting Hermes/Hosa only. See OSDM H2O Converter for details.
More to come!
Thanks to all the Team for its hard work.